Squarespace Website Builder
Depending on the type of website that you would like, Squarespace can be a great choice. It is not difficult to use and requires minimal to no technical knowledge. In most cases, you can build your own website with Squarespace if you have the time to learn or already have the expertise to do it yourself.
If you don’t have time or expertise, you can always hire a professional to build your website for you and save yourself some headaches.
In that case, using a platform like Squarespace has some benefits, including:
- It is less costly to have a designer build a website with Squarespace because many of the stages involved in building a website from scratch are eliminated.
- One of the most time-consuming phases of building a website is the design/layout phase. Squarespace provides premade templates for you, so you don’t need to spend as much time on that.
- Squarespace is user friendly. With a little tutorial, you should be able to maintain your website yourself.
- Squarespace manages itself on many levels, so you are not burdened with the task of updating themes and plugins, security, hosting and a handful of other responsibilities that come with managing a website.
Some Disadvantages of Squarespace :
- You are limited to the templates that Squarespace offers and Squarespace does not give you access to the codes of the template, to make custom modifications.
- As your company grows, you are limited with options and features offered by Squarespace to grow your website. Depending on the type of business that you have, you may end up leaving Squarespace after a year or two and having a website built on WordPress, as many companies do.
- Squarespace is not always as comprehensive as expected when building a website. We are often contacted by users that attempt to build their own website in effort to save money and end up hiring us to build their website for them. In the end costing them wasted time and money.