An Essential Tool for Your Business
What is Google Analytics?
(Updated April 2023) Running a business these days is not an easy task, the responsibilities that come along with the job can often be overwhelming. Even if you have a great team working with you it is still your job to know what is going on with your business overall, and that can be daunting. Having the right tools in place can add to your success and provide information that you otherwise would struggle to obtain.
As we all know, another task always in the forefront of managing a successful business is appealing to your prospects and generating sales.
For that sole purpose, it is essential to keep the audience engaged through dedicated digital marketing and promotion. Depending on your tactics this usually results in the business growth that you are working towards. In today’s market utilizing the internet is a must if you want to succeed.
One of the best ways to do this is to have a digital analytics tools and software that aids in gathering information about users that engage with your website and other online profiles. This information gives you a deeper understanding of your customers. If the data shows that your online marketing efforts are not working for you the way that you had hoped it gives you the information needed to make the necessary changes.
For most companies, your website serves as a hub for all your digital traffic. If you are running any marketing activities such as search ads or social media ads, your users are most likely going to visit your website somewhere along their user journey.
Analytics software provides data regarding the number of visitors that land on your website, their behavior while on the website, how many pages they view, which pages they view, where your website visitors are coming from and so much more.
Google Analytics is one of the most popular digital analytics software. It is Google’s free web analytics service that allows you to analyze in-depth details about the visitors on your website. It provides valuable insights that can help you to shape the strategy of your business.
Understanding your site and app users to better evaluate the performance of your marketing, content, products, and more is the primary goal of Google Analytics. Accessing Google’s unique insights will help get the most out of your online marketing efforts.
That is why over 50 million websites around the world use Google Analytics. If you are not using it, you should set it up right now.
To set up Google Analytics, you can sign up for an Analytics account by following this link http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at the top right) and select Analytics. If you are already signed into Google, you will be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.
Still Not Convinced that Google Analytics Is Essential for Your Business?
In today’s marketing the core part of every organization, old or new, is to possess a well-developed, well-maintained website that conveys the company strategy, their products, and services.
With every Google search, the results display links to the websites that best answer the users’ query. The general instinct of the user is to visit and scan the listed sites searching for the answer to their search topics. Google caters to their needs just as they prefer, showing them what is considered the best match for their search. This is precisely why Google Analytics is such a powerful tool for marketers, as it may be just what is needed to plan a successful strategy.
A few of the many benefits to using Google Analytics:
- Google Analytics provides details on how people find and reach your website – The ultimate goal of every SEO is to get the maximum number of visitors to the website.
- Finding out how users discover your page is great information, but it gets better in that this software also lets you see what visitors do while they are on the website. There is an entire section in Google Analytics, under the term ‘behavior’ that reports data about the user’s activity while on the website.
- With the everchanging advancements in technology, one also needs advanced methods of marketing to stay ahead of their competition. Google Analytics lets you see how your visitors access your site, in terms of devices too, which may be of great help in making decisions about which devices and browsers your attention should be most focused on.
- Fees? Not an Issue! – A common worry when investing in business growth is praying your money brings a good return and not loss. However, the fear of staying ahead in competition urges many decision makers to put money into a variety of different tools and software. Here, however, Google Analytics is free of cost! An excellent tracking tool helping you with all the stats needed, absolutely free.
- It is standard practice for a decision-maker to base their ideas and decisions around audience responses. Knowing the type of content that resonates with your visitors is priceless information. Google Analytics does just the tasks, by identifying the most popular pages of your site, so you can produce more audience engaging content for your visitors.
Is Google Analytics Actually Worth it?
Perhaps the most significant, most catchy benefit associated with this incredibly helpful software is it being one of the best analytics software available, owned by Google, and it is free of cost, thereby enabling every type of user to gain an advantage by using it. A Google account and a simple guide to understanding the tracking is all it takes for one to make this your favorite Marketing tool.
In addition to being a free tool offered by Google. The list of pros is long in respect to all of the data and reporting that this tool provides. The obtained data can be presented through graphs, charts, spreadsheets, etc. making it easier to identify the ongoing progress and the areas of concern. The best way to get familiar with this tool is to spend some time navigating around on your own. You should also search for some Google Analytics training videos.
Another benefit to the many reports viewing options, the timings of obtaining data is not only confined to having monthly reports, but instead gives extensive options to check data every hour, every day, every month, or every year. This assists in knowing when the maximum peak of the audience was reached, providing you detailed information about peak use periods on your website.
Though some may consider the provided information as an invasion of privacy, when it comes to business, every detail about the customer counts. Not saying that one should gather personal data without consent, but it is the strategy of most websites to collect demographic data on their users. Similarly, Google Analytics too can allow one to receive the ages, genders, and locations of the visitors of your profiles, only with the intention of using this data for better advancement and success of the business.
In summary, it is clear that Google Analytics is an essential tool that every business owner should utilize. The fact that we have this powerful information at our fingertips takes business marketing to new levels.
We provide Google Analytics based website optimization services. Check our services page to discover all the services focused on growing small and medium businesses. You can see our past work on our portfolio page.